The Illinois State Alliance of YMCAs offers scholarships for leadership development opportunities to Y staff in Illinois to help grow Y capacity. We have revised the scholarship policy to encourage as many Ys as possible to utilize these funds.
Scholarship Guidelines (Effective 1/1/18)
• Deadline Dates are quarterly – February 1, May 1, August 1, November 1
• Limit of $300 per calendar year per person
• Scholarships paid to YMCA – not individual
• Priority given for state alliance, neighborhood and Y-USA events and trainings. Stipends can be awarded to staff pursuing baccalaureate degrees and non-YMCA training
• Any Y staff member (Exempt, non-exempt, FT, PT) of a Illinois State Alliance YMCA in good standing (dues up to date) can apply
• Applicants are encouraged to apply for scholarship assistance from YUSA first, and if denied, then the Alliance. If the alliance scholarship deadline may pass prior to a response from YUSA, the applicant can apply for an Alliance scholarship, but if awarded a YUSA scholarship, the Alliance scholarship will not be applicable.
• Applicants are required to have a professional development plan in place at their YMCA and must have approval from their CEO / branch executive to submit an application. The CEO of the applicant will be cc’d on the scholarship award letter.
• Once the training is complete – payment can be made, once documentation of payment and proof of attendance or certification is submitted.
• Individuals with an awarded scholarship may transfer the award to another training if the training applied for is not attended or unavailable
• Individuals with an awarded scholarship may transfer the award to another staff member within their YMCA with permission of their CEO, but the new staff member must complete an application for Alliance record-keeping purposes.
Please complete the Scholarship Application below.